Diving watches are designed for underwater diving, but they have gradually dominated the market due to their extraordinary advanced features like Rolex Submariner, Blancpain Fifty Fathoms, and the Omega Seamaster Diver.
Dive watch companies are providing a fully emphasized watch at a low price.
A diving watch is popular for its eye-catching, smart, elegant, robust and durable, waterproof, ideal for watery activity and daily wear. Enhance legibility in the dark without hassle due to luminous. No worry about battery life. Graceful as well as aesthetically pleasing color. High-ranking water resistance and all of these aspects create the dive clocks the most popular.
Jump To The Section
When Did Dive Watches Become Popular?
Dive watches are merely an essential life-saving tool for swimmers, divers, and marine activists in the very early phase. But in the mid-20s, it becomes something else.
In 1926 The Rolex introduced the first-ever truly water-resistant timepiece – the “Oyster” watch case, which featured a hermetic seal.
Mercedes Gleitze, an English swimmer, tried to conquer the English Channel on October 7, 1927, with a new Rolex Oyster hanging around her neck by a band. Even after over ten hours in the frigid water, the watch stayed shut and showed the accurate time.
Gradually time-lapsed, Rolex is active on the social, military level and gains success. After the big hit of Rolex, Countless watchmakers wanted a piece of the action and developed their own versions of the dive watch.
After James Bond wears Rolex Submariner, Omega Seamaster, then nobody banged dive watches.
Why Dive Watches So Popular?
After seeing Rolex Submariner, Blancpain Fifty Fathoms, and the Omega Seamaster, nobody gets out of this high-class design look.
Consequently, for people’s sake, Invicta, Casio, Citizen, Bulova, and so on. They brought amazing watches to look exactly like them but at a reasonable price.
Diver watches gain fame not just for appearance but also for having many advanced innovations that you might not expect.
1. Adequate waterproofing is undoubtedly a massive attraction for a dive watch.
2. The crown system comes with a one-push setup or a screw-down setup.
3. There’s no need to concern about the battery replacement policy. Its quartz lasts nearly 5 years. If I talk to the automatic movement, then no need for battery lifelong.
4. A diving watch is very comfortable to wear all day, even you can enjoy summer beach without worry of damage.
5. Dive watches gain so much popularity cause it comes to a very reasonable price with no compromise quality.
6. It is the best use as a gift your high school boy, boyfriend, even women can wear.
7. The double locking system is secure from falling.
8. About legibility- Luminous present in the watch help to see hell dark condition.
9. When it comes to bracelets, there are numerous options available, including stainless steel, leather, Nato, Band, Bracelet, and so on.
10. How do I forget; The Rotating Bezel. It is more attention seeker. Bezel act like a countdown watch. Generally, Rotating bezels is crucial for diving time. But you can use it as you like.
11. Diving watches are more appealing because of their bold, rich, and classic appearance. Models in a versatile of styles and shades.
12. If you are captivated by the vintage collection, the diver watch is a perfect choice for a fascinating vintage artist.
13. A dive timepiece is more Scratchproof and durable beyond your thinking.
14. Safety valve, shock-proof, and magnetic proof- Some professional divers have to perform deep underwater like saturation diving, where they have to protect from shock and magnetic resolution. It also has a safety helium valve to protect the watch from that high-grade pressure point.
These 14 reasons may be enough to make a dive watch so popular.
Comparison Between a Regular watch and Dive watch
1.Look- No one can deny the vintage look of a dive watch. 89% of people who love dive watches look over the regular timepiece, including me.
2. Rotational Bezel- The dive watch carries a unidirectional Rotational Bezel, which is a great advanced feature, not present in the normal one.
3. Waterproof ( Water-resistance)- Many watches Claim waterproofness. Still, nobody gives as protection as a diving watch. Either it is a swimming pool or seawater.
4. Damage Rate- A high water resistance typically also signifies increased overall robustness. The timepieces of divers are not simply sturdy; they actually are. Also, high water resistance is an indication that the watch is strong and long-lasting even if it is not used for diving.
5. Give you a Vintage Iconic Piece- Carrying A diving watch is also undoubtedly a major icon like Rolex, Omega, Blancpain, and Co.
6. Evergreen New- In my opinion, any watch with so much detail can be pretty old as a diving watch.
7. It is clearly visible in the dark, which is no longer the feature of any other clock. And if it does, it goes beyond the budget.
8. For Versatile Look- Most submariners go with almost any outfit. Divers’ timepieces are more adaptable than you might expect; while being definitely on the sportier side of the stylistic color.
I think these are enough qualities to make a DIVE timepieces famous throughout the world.
I am also using the Dive watch last five years, and I believe after knowing this fact, we will never buy a regular watch.
Am I right?
Now you get your answer and thinking of buying a dive watch.
There are over 1000 brands and millions of watches. Suppose you are not familiar with them. The outcome will be disastrous, and you will lose a significant amount of money, along with your first dive watch.
Purchasing a reliable dive watch is as easy as installing a game.
Except for a few critical factors to be aware of, there is no rocket science involved.
If you are a newbie and maybe confused, don’t forget to check our beginner-friendly buying guide to help you buy a perfect watch according to your need.